- Song: Body and Soul by Billie Holiday
- Movie: Any western
- Actor: Clint Eastwood and Paul Roberson
- Actress: Shirley Temple and Cecily Tyson
- Dinner: baked potato, pork chops, and broccoli
- Cake: caramel
- Pie: peach
- Funniest memory: when chased up a tree by a bull
- Quote: My mama stressed being humble. "You're no better than
The people you pass as you climb up the ladder of
success will be the same people you'll pass when you come back down."
- Loved most about Mom: her spiritual being, her relationship with God
- Loved most about Dad: his free-hearted spirit
- Famous People You Met: King George of England, President Truman,
George Washington Carver,
the Tuskegee Airmen, Willie Mays,
Hank Aaron, The Olympians
- Grade School Activity: recess
- College Activity: Drill Corps—we marched forever, but it was fun.
- Sorority: Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Admired Most: My mother Evelyn Coachman. She raised 8 kids during a tough time
for women and for our family economically. She was tall and pretty, with long Indian braided hair. She always
was able to keep the peace and keep God in our family.
- Most Embarassing Moment: At my cousin's farm, my mother had dressed me in a
nice white dress and shoes. The boys dared me to ride a goat. So I jumped on the goat and grabbed his horns
and he started kicking. In seconds the goat threw me into the hog pen. I was a muddy mess, and my white dress
and shoes were another color other than white and smelled that way too. The good thing is I did not get a whipping,
but my mother cleaned me up and put me in one of my girl cousin's dresses.